Operates and controls the Commission’s electrical system. Monitors the electric generation equipment and transmission systems of the Commission via complex computer equipment. The work is technical and complex in nature with many constantly changing variables. Administers complex contractual obligations and makes decisions regarding purchasing the best source of power at any given time. Has the responsibility and authority to implement real-time actions that ensure the stable and reliable operation of the Bulk Electric System, up to and including the shedding of firm load.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates complex computer equipment (SCADA) and ESRI-based GIS.
- Prepares regular written reports regarding all phases of system loading; maintains logs and reports on interchange transactions.
- Establishes operational and equipment alarm limits.
- Assists in trouble shooting defective systems and devices.
- Makes purchasing decisions on the best economical source of power at any given time; makes calculations on load flows.
- Operates Outage Management System during outages.
- Answers questions from general public during outages.
- Performs duties of Dispatcher, when needed.
- Education and Experience: High School Diploma/GED required. College level coursework in electrical engineering, computer technology and spreadsheet software preferred. A minimum of one year of experience in system operations required.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: NERC Certification at BT or RC level required.
- Other Qualifications: Florida Driver's License Class E required. Ability to work flexible hours, as required. System Operations operates 24/7 - employees must be able to work any of the established shifts.
Salary Range: $38.90 - $47.29 per hour
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications. Compensation package includes benefits such as retirement, health insurance, vacation time, and more.
Posting closing date: Open Until Filled
How to apply:
Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Human Resources, P.O. Box 689, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170, or submitted online at https://www.nsbufl.com/job-openings Applications may be completed online at https://www.nsbufl.com/job-openings. Applications/Resumes must be submitted by the Posting Closing Date and will not be accepted after.
NSBU is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. All employment decisions, including hiring, promoting, disciplining, or discharging are based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic that is protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Veteran’s Preference. We value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members, veterans, and military spouses. Veteran’s preference is applied during our recruiting process.
If you require an accommodation to submit your application or resume, please contact our Human Resources office at (386) 424-3056.
NSBU is a local government organization and a Drug Free Workplace.