This is an advanced and specialized professional accounting position. An employee in this class performs specialized, technical, and complex accounting functions. Administrative direction is received from the Controller/Budget Supervisor, but employee is expected to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in carrying out work assignments. Work is reviewed through audits, evaluation of statements and reports, and through observation of effectiveness of results achieved. .
- Maintains budgetary control accounts, prepares budgetary reports and statements.
- Assists Controller in daily and monthly reconciliations, as needed, and in maintaining accounting systems, compiling and preparing budget and financial reports, monitoring budget control accounts, and analyzing revenues and expenditures.
- Creates and compiles information necessary for budget preparation, as well as audit work papers.
- Records financial transactions for use in preparing trial balances and individual fund statements.
- Reconciles accounts to general ledger.
- Audits persons responsible for petty cash and cashiers.
- Prepares miscellaneous work papers and schedules as requested.
- Prepares payroll reports, W-2’s, 941’s, UCT-6’s, Affordable Care Act; reconciles all payroll accounts to the general ledger; verifies vendor payments for employee benefits with general ledger.
- Assists the IT Department with PCI compliance in the Accounting Division.
- Compiles and writes complex accounting reports.
- Cross trains with Fixed Asset and Utility Accountants.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree in accounting required. Bachelor’s Degree in accounting preferred. A minimum of three years of experience in bookkeeping/accounting required, preferably with municipal or utility accounting.
Florida Driver's License Class E required. Ability to work flexible hours, as required.
Salary Range: $57,918 - $68,947
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications. Compensation package includes benefits such as retirement, health insurance, vacation time, and more.
Posting closing date: Open Until Filled
How to apply:
Applications may be completed online at https://www.nsbufl.com/job-openings. Applications/Resumes must be submitted by the Posting Closing Date and will not be accepted after.
UCNSB is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. All employment decisions, including hiring, promoting, disciplining, or discharging are based on merit, competence, performance, and business need. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic that is protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
Veteran’s Preference. We value the service veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members, veterans, and military spouses. Veteran’s preference is applied during our recruiting process.
If you require an accommodation to submit your application or resume, please contact our Human Resources office at (386) 424-3056.
NSBU is a local government organization and a Drug Free Workplace.