|Service Request Fees|
|Service requests will only be performed during regular business hours. Requests received by 2 p.m. Monday through Friday will be completed on the same day. Requests received after 2 p.m. will be completed no later than the following business day.|
|Normal Business Hours - Monday -Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.||$35|
|After Hours - Emergency Only, as determined by NSBU||$150|
|Meter Lock Charge - Required for meter sets for construction or as determined by NSBU||$35|
|Temporary Service, Weekdays - Requires 24 hours notice. Services will be active from 11 a.m. the day of turn-on to 11 a.m. the next day.||$75|
|Temporary Service, Weekends - Requires 24 hours notice. Services will be active from 11 a.m. on Friday to 11 a.m. on Monday.||$100|
After Non-Payment Disconnection
After Illegal Connection
Reconnection at Pole
Meter Reset Charge
It is a criminal offense to tamper with an electric or water meter. Cases of tampering are prosecuted. Utility tampering and unauthorized use/illegal fees shall be assessed whenever there is evidence of meter tampering, meter bypassing, self-restored services, or unauthorized use of fire hydrants, in addition to the cost of investigation, repairs, the estimated usage, and any other service charges which may be applicable, up to and including 3x the estimated dollar value of services obtained unlawfully.
|Cut seal or cut lock fee||$35|
|Meter tampering/illegal use fee, first offense||$300|
|Meter tampering/illegal use fee, repeat offense||$500|
|Fire hydrant use/illegal use fee||$300|
Research Fee $20
Per request for determination of existing NSBU liens, assessments, and/or promissory notes
Trip Fee $35 (M-F, am- pm); $150 (after-hours emergency only, as determined by NSBU)
A NSBU representative visits a service location for any purpose not associated with routine utility operations
Collections Processing Fee $35
Customer's utility account sent to a collection agency for non-payment. This fee is assessed on a per account basis.
2" Temporary Construction Meter
- Equipment fee $750
- Wrench fee $30
- Both partially refundable upon return of equipment
Note: the customer will pay the equipment fee upon receipt of the temporary/portable water meter. Upon return of the meter in good working condition, the customer will receive a refund of the lesser of $600 or this amount reduced by replacement costs of the damaged meter and/or other components, and reduced by the payment of final bill for usage. All temporary/portable meters must be read or usage reported monthly, and will be charged a standard commercial water rate based on the meter size plus a non-prorated $35 monthly processing fee. It is the responsibility of the customer to notify, and upon request, the location (s) of this meter.
Returned Check Fee
- If the notification has already been received from the bank, the fee is $35.
- If the customer pays the returned check before the notification is actually received from the bank, the fee is reduced to $20.
- Please be aware that the customer may also incur returned check fees from their bank.
- Returned checks must be paid by credit card, money order, cash, or cashier's check.
- Customers may have only two (2) returned checks on the account per calendar year before becoming a "cash only" account. Upon customer request, NSBU will resume accepting checks for payment for "cash only" accounts if they are in good standing for 24 months, in accordance with the policy for deposit refunds.